1. Could you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I'm a retired English/art/photography teacher.
2. Describe your book ‘A Nickel for the Boatman’ in 30 words or less.
When a lonely boy living in Prohibition Era Miami meets up with a kindly member of Al Capone's mob, he embarks on a series of adventures that will change his life forever.
3. What was the hardest part of writing your book?
The story addresses three time periods: the years just preceding the main character's birth, his childhood and teenage years, and the end of his life. Incorporating these time changes in one narrative was a challenge.
4. What books have had the greatest influence on you?
The Catcher in the Rye, all books by Pat Conroy.
5. Briefly share with us what you do to market your book?
I have created a Facebook page, listed it on Freado, it has been selected by four or five book clubs, and I will speak at The Richardson Public Library about it on May 1.
6. How do you spend your time when you are not writing?
Traveling, taking photographs, cooking, working on art projects.
7. What are you working on next?
I just completed an 85,000 word crime thriller and am looking for an agent/publisher.
Join 12,000+ Authors
If you're an author or publisher, you've come to the right place. BookBuzzr provides one of the most comprehensive set of book-marketing technologies and services in the world. We're constantly adding new features in a race with ourselves to build technologies that will help your books fly out of book-stores.