Martha Jette was born in Niagara Falls, Ontario. She has two college degrees. In 1968, she graduated from the 2-year Legal Secretarial course at Mohawk College in Hamilton, Ontario with a 3.6 grade point average. In 1986, she graduated from the 3-year Print Journalism at St. Clair College in Windsor with the Dean’s Award for Top of Class with a 4.0 grade point average.
For about 12 years prior to taking the journalism course, she worked as a secretary in a number of offices, including the Hamilton Sheriff’s Office, lawyers and land surveyors. After graduating from St. Clair College, she assumed the role of Editor of Arts and Entertainment Forum, a free publication dedicated to the local creative arts scene.
One year later, she was hired by the Brabant Newspaper chain and for the next 12 years was employed with several of the company’s newspapers. Her first job was as Entertainment Editor of half a dozen newspapers belonging to the Brabant chain. A year later, she became Editor of the Hamilton News. She continued on to become Editor of the Flamborough News.
When the Brabant chain was sold to Southam Newspapers in the early 90’s, she moved to Senior Reporter of the Dundas Star News and then later joined forces with a former Ontario provincial minister to open a new paper called the Dundas Review. Due to health reasons, she retired in 1996 and has been on disability since then.
Since then, Martha has published five books:
1) “Glimpses” True Stories of the Paranormal (Self-published through Creative Book Publishers – ISBN# 0-975-4618-0-3) Sold through firstname.lastname@example.org
2) “Glimpses 2” It Could Happen To You! (Published by Saga Books, Calgary, AB. ISBN# 1-894936-38-8) http://www.freewebs.com/paranormalbooks, http://www.sagabooks.net
3) Talking To My Angel (children) Saga Books, ISBN# 1-894936-28-0) http://www.sagabooks.net
4) Playing With The Devil (Saga Books, ISBN# 1-894936-51-5) http://www.angelfire.com/planet/pwtd, http://www.sagabooks.net
5) The Man With The Magic Spectacles (Saga Books, ISBN# 978-1-894936-90-3) http://www.magicspectacles.bravehost.com, http://www.sagabooks.net
6) Blood Vengeance: (Cold Case #4-183) Not of this World, to be released soon by Saga Books
7) Totally Scared: The Complete Book On Haunted Houses, to be released soon by Cacoethes Publishing House.
Martha also owns and maintains a web site for those over 50 called Boomers Write, where writers can post their stories, articles and pictures. She also offers her expertise in the field of writing and getting published.
Aside from the above, Martha also offers editing services, including preparation of proposals, book intros, critiques and reviews. She also has two groups on the Paranormal Awareness Society web site, writes for various on-line publications and sites, puts out a monthly newsletter entitled Glimpses of the Paranormal through Author’s Den, is a member of a local group called Hamilton Writers and is a member of Arts Hamilton’s Literary Committee.
Martha also provides book reviews, which are posted at http://mjbookreviews.blogspot.com and at her Book Review group at The Book Marketing Network. (http://www.bookmarket.ning.com)
She has also been interviewed on several on and off-line radio shows, including CHML in Hamilton, Ontario, The X-Zone Radio Show, Midnight Highway Radio and a number of stations on Blog Talk Radio. See list below.
Upon occasion, she also donates a part of her time toward helping other aspiring writers.
Personally, Martha is a mother of two and grandmother of two who likes to spend her spare time with family, reading, writing, swimming and/or painting in oils and acrylics.
Boomers Write: http://www.boomers-write.com
Paranormal Books: http://www.freewebs.com/paranormalbooks
Playing With The Devil: http://www.angelfire.com/planet/pwtd
The Man With The Magic Spectacles: http://www.magicspectacles.bravehost.com
Authors Den: http://www.authorsden.com/paranormal
Ryze Business Network: http://www.ryze.com/go/teeka1234
Join 12,000+ Authors
If you're an author or publisher, you've come to the right place. BookBuzzr provides one of the most comprehensive set of book-marketing technologies and services in the world. We're constantly adding new features in a race with ourselves to build technologies that will help your books fly out of book-stores.