Last updated: 21st Oct, 2014
The BookBuzzr team has released a new version of the popular BookBuzzr Facebook fan page widget (aka AuthorPage Widget). If you are a BookBuzzr Pro Subscriber and want to share your BookBuzzr AuthorPage Widget on Facebook Fan Page here’s how you do it.
This new version of the technology is designed to spice up your Facebook fan page and give your readers a chance to really get to know you and your work. We’ve taken care to build the pieces which Facebook does not give you. These include:
- a home page that can be customized for your audience
- a content rich bio section that includes pictures and videos
- a section to show up your live tweets
- a fun section to entertain your fans
- a deals and promos section to sell more copies of your books
This technology replaces the earlier version of the BookBuzzr AuthorPage widget.
If you are an existing subscriber, you can either upgrade to this new technology at no extra cost or choose to retain your existing AuthorPage widget which we will continue to support for a few more months.
To get the widget sign-up for a BookBuzzr subscription.
If you get stuck somewhere, please feel free to leave a comment on this page and we’ll respond as quickly as possible. Or send us an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
POST YOUR COMMENTS
11 thoughts on “How to Install the New BookBuzzr AuthorPage Widget”
Love this ap. It looks great on my Facebook Author Page – the only problem is I had several attempts before I was happy with it and if I go into my Facebook Author page from my Facebook page, it isn’t updated and only shows apart of my Bookbuzzr page (sometimes it even requires the ‘Like’ button to be used before access) However, if I go in from another Facebook account (I also have one for a small business I run, not related to my Author account) it looks fine. Any suggestions? My Facebook author page is https://www.facebook.com/HywelaLynAuthor
Seems to be working fine now! :)
Thank you Lyn.
Just updated my page…it looks great! :)
Thank you for sharing AuthorPage widget on your fan page.
Is there anyone who can help me?
I set up the author page but I added it to the wrong page. How can I remove this to the existing page and transfer to the book page I created? Thanks so much in advance!
Sorry for the delayed response. Please follow the instructions below to remove the author page from the existing page.
1) Visit your Facebook Fan Page and under the Admin Panel choose the “Edit Page” option and select “Update Info”
2) Click on “App” on left sidebar
3) Click the X mark on right side of ‘AuthorPage by BookBuzzr’ Application
4) Confirm on pop up box that you want to remove ‘AuthorPage by BookBuzzr’ and this will remove BB tab from your page.
Now you can install the AuthorPage to your book page by following the instructions given in this blog post.
I finally got this on my Facebook Fan page and it looks great. Is there any way I can use this particular widget on my website? I put the book widget on my blog and it looks cool as well. I have to send the code to my webmaster to get it on my site, so let me know if the author page is exclusive to Facebook or if I can use it elsewhere.
Thank you for your query.
For your kind information, BookBuzzr Author Page Widget is exclusive to Facebook.
I have completed all the categories of the author widget, saved all data, and installed it on my facebook book page. When clicked on, it only displays partial info, but not the Bio, or the Video. Any suggestions? I am a Pro subscriber
Sorry for the inconvenience.
We noticed that you’ve enabled the ‘Likegate’ option where fans and visitors to your page must ‘Like’ your page to view the content of the tab for your Bio and Book page and hence the pages were not showing up.
Please follow the instructions below to disable the Likegate option:
1. Log in to http://www.bookbuzzr.com
2. Click on ‘AuthorPage Widget’ option under Book Marketing Widgets section.
3. You will be taken to the ‘Bio’ page of your AuthorPage Widget.
4. Scroll down the page and uncheck the ‘Likegate’ option under Facebook Controls (for this tab) section.
5. Please follow the same step for the ‘Books’ page and click on ‘Update’ button at the top right corner.
6. This will ask you to log in to your Facebook account associated with your fan page to update the changes.
Finally check your AuthorPage widget.
Do let me know if you have any queries.
Thanks & Regards,